Recently Played Songs on JQ99

1.10.2007

Here it is!!

Okay...so you might be wondering why the "What is it" picture was a diamond ring. Well...if you listened to my Sunday afternoon show, you'd already know why, but let's pretend you didn't.

Here's the scoop!

Plain and simple...I'm engaged. I got engaged over New Years...12:01 a.m. New Years Day to be exact, thought it'd be a nice way to kind of kick on the New Year.

Alright...alright...you want to know how I did it? Okay...I'll share.

First the night started off by me making her some dinner. We ate and talked for a while. Then we watched a movie to kind of kill some time until the countdown began. Well, by the time the movie ended, we had lots of time left so we watched a couple episodes of "The Office"...I know...really romantic huh? Hold on, it gets better.

At about 11:30 we switched over to New Years coverage on the t.v., and I grabbed my guitar. Now...earlier in the night, I had informed her that I had a surprise for her. Another little detail about this whole this is that I had written her a song and played it for her a couple of months ago, but it wasn't finished, so she was just under the impression that I had finished it...which I had.

I also at one point told her to close her eyes. During which, I went into the kitchen and brought out 2 glasses of sparkling grape juice, one glass had the ring tied to it. :) Oh yeah...way smooth. I brought them out and covered them up.

At this point you have me on the couch with my guitar, her on another couch, 2 glasses and a ring, and 5 minutes until the New Year.

So here's what happened...I asked her if I could play her something...she said, "Yes." So I did. Make fun if you'd like but this is what I played...

"Patiently Waiting"
By Jeremy Henry

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN


Yeah...so at the end there are the lines: "Tell her I love her, tell her as I get on bended knee..." So I did that. Then the next line: "Tell her I love her, and that's when I ask her to marry me." So I did. Finished up the song and lifted the cloth over the glasses to reveal the ring. What did she say? "OH YEAH!" At this point, I looked at the clock, which read...12:01 a.m. "Happy New Year!" I said.

So there you have it...here are a couple of pictures. One of us right after and one of the ring on her hand.





Thanks! And stay tuned for further updates and FUN!

~j

2 comments:

Gracie said...

congratulations! Beautiful ring!!
Married life is the BEST EVER! (I still can say that after almost 12 years! :D)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! What a romantic song...must have swept her right off her feet. Way to go Jeremy! Congratulations!

So will the song be on the music team survey so we can put it on the air? :)

Karen