Recently Played Songs on JQ99

8.08.2006

Ever seen the inside of a bachelor's fridge?

Well you're about to. First let me explain a few things.

I'm doing the Dave Ramsey thing. Which, for those of you who don't know, is basically to pull together every extra dollar you have and apply it to you smallest debt so you can pay it off. Once that's gone you apply that payment to the next smallest debt, all while living on the same amount you were while paying off debt #1. Make sense? It's called the "Debt Snowball" and I'm rollin'!

Since I've been doing this, I try not to over spend, especially at the grocery store. Over spending at the grocery store can cause a few problems.

First...junk food becomes available within the home.

and...

Second...over spending leads to over purchasing, meaning you might buy things you'll never use, so that food eventually goes to waste.

I've been doing a really good job of not over spending at the grocery store...however finding something for dinner can sometimes be a struggle.

In a second I'll show you a few pictures of the inside of my fridge.

Men...you'll recognize the sight because you too at one point or another were a bachelor.

Women...here's a possible glimps back to a frightful time when you first looked into a boyfriend's fridge, or just a glimps of something scary.

Mom...send food...please.



There it is. I'll go ahead and list it's contents:

  • Carrots
  • Onions
  • American Cheese Slices
  • Pepperoni
  • Milk (bought yesterday)
  • Squirt (bought yesterday)
  • 2 Tubs of butter...one low fat
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Pickels...well actually it's a jar of pickles, but I think there are only 2 left
  • Taco Sauce
  • Basamic Vinegrette Salad Dressing...2 kinds...one tasted really bad.
  • Chocolate Syrup
  • One packet of pizza sauce
  • Some parmasean cheese...maybe a 1/4 cup?
  • A little jar of garlic
  • and...a little bottle of lime juice.
It seems like a lot when I write it all out, but what could you make?



There's a couple of up close shots for you, so you can make sure I didn't miss anything.

Now...what should I make for dinner? Hmm.

~jeremy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Dude,
You need to go shopping and don't be so cheap lol I don't know if you could make anything out of what's in your fridge there's like nothing there :)

Anonymous said...

Hit the grocery stores on Saturday, they have enough free samples to make a meal.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is more disturbing, the fact that the only thing there is condiments or the fact that you have two tubs of butter! I think you should make a date with a cardiologist STAT.

I admitt, life as a party of one does mean the fridge looks a little more bare, but I don't think there is even a point to having a fridge if that is all that is in it.

But, you could always claim that you are so good at the Dave Ramsey thing that you have already eaten what you purchased which means you are doing great!

It just depends if you are a half-full or half-empty kind of guy.

Amanda

Jeremy said...

Let me respond to the 2 tubs of butter. One is low fat, but it was terrible to use when making a grilled cheese sandwhich, so that's why I got the other one. It has since seen the wastebasket.

Oh...there's actually a little food in there now.

Amanda...for the most part I'm a "Half-Full" kind of guy.

Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

We'll send food soon--you poor starving boy!

Andy's also compiling a list of recipes for your ingredients!

Lisa

DEBTective said...

Bub, you've got the brains of a winner to be on a budget and not overspend. It'll get you ahead in life; mark my words. Keep going on the beans and rice and you'll be eating a lot better soon. I can tell you first-hand that the Baby Steps work. You'll be out of debt before long. Great job, jack!

Jeremy said...

That's right!! "I'm living like no one else, so later, I can LIVE like no one else!" Thanks for the encouragement!

~jeremy