Recently Played Songs on JQ99

8.01.2006

Interesting little phenomenon.




I keep seeing trailers on television for the movie "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby"

In the trailer they make a joke about how Will Ferrell's character has 2 first names, Ricky and Bobby.

Well when I was growing up, that was always something that made me different from other kids, since my name is Jeremy Henry. Jeremy is a first name and so is Henry.

In talking with Brian, he informed me of the fact that there are a lot of us "2 First Name" people out there, especially in Nascar. Flabbergasted I tracked down a list of all the Nascar racers for this year, to see who else has 2 first names, I was surprised.

Keeping with only first names that I recognize, and are recognized by the general population here is my list:

  • Mark Martin
  • Jeff Gordon
  • Tony Stewart
  • Carl Edwards (minus the "s"; if that doesn't count there's still more)
  • Ryan Newman (like the Newman from "Seinfeld")
  • Dale Jarrett
  • Robby Gordon
  • Kenny Wallace
  • Brent Sherman
  • Mike Wallace
  • Bill Elliott
  • Jimmy Spencer
I'm sure there are more that I missed, or the racer is retired, but I'm glad to see...I'm not alone.

Maybe it's time for me to take up a new career as a Nascar driver. Or maybe I could get together a JQ99 racing team and drive the JQ99 car...wait...I think number 99 is already taken. I'll keep you posted!

~jeremy

No comments: