Recently Played Songs on JQ99

8.24.2006

MVEMJSUNP


Remember what "MVEMJSUNP" meant? Most of us learned it in elementary school.

My
Vervy
Excellent
Mother
Just
Served
Us
Nine
Pickles

(Some people learned different sayings, possibly a regional thing)
or

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto

This is the most disturbing event to take place in my life thus far.

My second favorite planet is no longer a planet. (My first favorite planet is Saturn)

About 25-hundred scientists from around the world have voted to downgrade the status of Pluto, saying it can no longer be considered a classical "planet." Instead, it will be put into a new category of heavenly bodies called "dwarf planets."

Now that the Solar System has just gotten a little smaller because of the change in Pluto's status, there are now just eight so called classical planets.

Sorry Pluto, you're still a Planet in my mind.

Now what is My Very Excellent Mother going to serve us?

~jeremy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

new way to remember the EIGHT planets: My Very Existence Might Just Stop Until Nightfall.

Anonymous said...

My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nachos :D

Jeremy said...

Mmmm...Nachos!

Good thinking!

~jeremy