Recently Played Songs on JQ99

8.07.2006

What is it about my chair?

I'm afraid to mention this in fear that my fellow colleagues will increase their frequency of what I'm about to discuss.

It's a phenomenon really, I'm not sure of the cause, I've looked and there isn't a sign anywhere.

What am I referring to? Well, first let me set the situation up.

My cubicle is placed in proximity to the fax machine, a printer, and the copier. This is nice because I get to see people through out the day. However...for some reason as people either walk up to me (because they need a "favor") or head to one of the listed machines, they grab the back of my chair and pull on it.

Ha ha ha...not funny. Reason...I feel like I'm going to tip over! So I kick my legs up and brace myself for a fall before I realize what's happening. Reflexes!

If you don't understand what I'm describing I've drawn up a little diagram to help illustrate this phenomenon.



Like I said earlier, there's no "kick-me" style sign on me, or my chair, anywhere, so why do they do it? Must be some impulse within the human body that one must do this action when walking past anothers chair. The reason I say that it's an impulse in our bodies is because I too find myself doing the same thing to other people.

Why do we do it? Much like the "Tootsie-Pop"...the world may never know.

~jeremy

No comments: